Sunday, October 30, 2011

Maui





Old Lahaina luau
The show is excellent, but the food is horrible.  Since, I have been through 10 of these shows, everything is the same to me.  I'm there just for the food, and the Mai Tai.

Lavender Farm
This is a good place to have a cup of coffee in afternoon, after you come down from the Haleakada mountain.

Mama fish house restaurant 
This is a best place to have romantic dinner, the food, and the service is excellent.  The best restaurant on the Island. 

The Road to Hana
I recommended to take this drive while you on the island.  Make sure to star out in early in morning to beat the morning traffic, buy a map or a self tour CD to help you located the water falls along the road.  This is a must do in Maui.


All of these photos from my Nikon D2X with 17-55mm f/2.8.  Since, Ron having Hawaii fever again, I hope these old photos would help his day dream more exciting.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! All very nice photographs, the first photo would make a perfect post card from Maui!
    I really like the picture of the two people on the beach with the palm tree in the foreground also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done pics 'Q'. As many times as you have been there you would make a good tour guide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Q, now I can completely screw off today thinking about Maui! LOL Only 77 more days!

    These are all great shots but I agree with Paul on the first one, perfect Maui postcard.

    The lavender farm and road to Hana shots are excellent. We haven't driven the road to Hana yet but we have it planned for this trip.

    Question, did you have to use a flash for the luau shot or did they have enough light as it was?

    We're going to go to the Old Lahaina Luau this time (taking the mother in law so no choice) and I was wanting to get some shots of the luau and was trying to figure out what gear I would need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't use the flash during the show due to I'm being too far from the stage. Since our seats were in the corner of the stage, so I have positioned myself at the bar facing the stage during the show. The lighting is good enough for f/2.8 lens, I think I was able to get shutter speed around 1/150 most of the time. I would recommended to reserve the seat near the stage so you can use the flash.
    Also, I'm glad that you able take trip on the road to Hana. Make sure to plan the trip carefully. I wasn't lucky enough to get any rain before my trip, so most of the water falls were dry.
    You could finish the round trip to Hana if you start out early
    @4:00 AM. from Lahaina to Seven Sacred Pools. By the way, YOU WILL NEED A TRIPOD ON THIS TRIP, AND A ND FILTER -6 STOPS IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PICTURE OF THE WATER FALLS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see, a tripod and 4:00 a.m.??? Are you nuts??? LOL

    I will have a tripod with me but there ain't no way I'm getting up at 4:00 a.m. Uh uh, no siree bob, not happening, never! Not while I'm on vacation! :~)

    Thanks for the info Q. I'm still trying to make that extra money so I can buy a 2.8 lens before we go. I may have to give up a massage or two while we're there so I can buy a lens and that's a true sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'mon man! You got to have some effort in photography. In my opinion, when you put your hard work into your pictures, it valuable more than anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!