Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rain drops keep falling on my head

Maybe I should have titled this one "Just for Paul Part II". LOL

We came across this buffalo on the day it rained during our vacation. He was just standing in the rain licking the water from his face as it came down. I wasn't sure if the rain was bothering him or he was just too lazy to walk to one of the lakes to get a drink.

You can barely seen the streaks of rain on his face but trust me, it really was raining! This isn't as sharp as I would have liked it to be but I wasn't going to get out in the rain to set up my tripod and the buffalo was a little close to do that anyway. This was shot from the comfort of my car. I guess I need to invest in one of those Nikon f2.8 lens so I can shoot a little faster.

As a side note; I have been watching the prices on a new lens from Sigma, an 85mm f1.4 lens. I think I could find some uses for it somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. A day to remember. It had been so long since the last rain, and at least 80 days of 100 degree plus days of heat, many wildfires, and the land still a tinderbox just waiting for a spark of ignition, the rain was a most welcome sight!

    Nice of you guy's to have brought the rain with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time you guys got some rain down your way!

    You sure that buffalo isn't just sticking his tongue out at you for taking his picture? This is what my granddaughter does when ever I try to take her picture... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have owned a Nikkor 85mm f1/4 before. This lens is very good for low light shooting, and portrait. But it has very narrow angle of view. This is something you might want to think about. In my opinion, this particular shot it would be suitable for 70-200mm or 80-200mm f/2.8. Next time if we meet again, I will let you try out both of these lenses if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we will meet again my friend. I am still considering that 80-200mm you bought. I have to finish saving for my trip to Hawaii and once that's done I will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!