Thursday, November 17, 2011

Anybody got a match??


This is inside the powder room at the historic Fort Scott in Fort Scott, KS


I took these pictures a few years back and I think I may have posted one or two on here before but I can't remember and I was too lazy to go look! LOL

This one has a shadow at the bottom of the photo from the Tamron 18-250mm lens I was using. The on-board flash of the Nikon D80 just wouldn't shoot past it without leaving a little shadow and at the time I was without my nice Sigma wide angle lens.


The weather on the day I took these photos is much like it was today, cold and dreary. Our high today was somewhere around 38 degrees.

I think I need to go look at my Hawaii photos!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like an explosive situation! using the flash for the interior pictures worked out good except for the bit of shadow on the one picture as you pointed out.

    Speaking of Hawaii... Looks like My Wife and I are off to see the Steve Miller Band on the 10th of December in Honolulu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't imagine a match or flint would have been very compatible in this room. That is alot of black powder! No wonder they were located a long ways from the rest of the buildings, and built like Ft. Knox. The flash alone would have reached for miles.

    I have been by there numerous times in my working days but seemed to never have the time to visit. From the looks of the buildings it appears to have been restored nicely. Oh, don't forget to keep your powder dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, you dog!!! I can't believe you're going to get back to Hawaii before me! LOL

    I'm glad to hear you are going back to paradise. We should be able to keep the blog covered in Hawaii photos for a couple of months. LOL

    If you were a month later or I was a month earlier we would have been able to meet up in Hawaii, maybe next time. I'm still buying those lottery numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too bad that's powder kegs and not whiskey kegs - especially if it's getting colder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agreed with TexWisGirl! Since, I'm working nights now, I do need something to put me to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!