Thursday, September 15, 2011

CHIEF


The local Fire Department gave this guy His name in honor of all the Fire Chiefs that have led our Fireman over the years.



When I was in Highschool in the early 60's we had an all-volunteer department. Some years later our town had grown enough that we were able to build a modern station with full time firemen. Now there is a second station being built on the East side of town to be opened next year. Wonder if they will have a Longhorn standing watch out front?

5 comments:

  1. That is really nice! I would have expected a Dalmatian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chief, good name! It looks like Chief is bronze, or has been painted to look that way.

    You got the lighting just right in the top photo and the bottom photo shows off the width of his horns real well.

    I have found over the years that I seem to get my best outdoor photos when the sun is over one or the other of my shoulders as you have done in the top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul's right, great lighting on the first one!

    After seeing the other steers this one makes it look like the fire departement didn't have much of an imagination! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really sure what type of metal is used in these sculptures.

    The landscape setting of this steer ,to me, was the most pleasant of all the Centennial Longhorns. Yup, they took a conservative approach on their Longhorn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a peculiar choice of animal for a fire department, but hey whatever works! :) My dads a retired firefighter so I'm very pro firefighters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!