Sunday, September 18, 2011

NO BULL!



Located at Dale Robertson Center


Well, I finally rounded up all the ' CENTENNIAL LONGHORN STEERS ' and have them in the corral. These last three had no names.


Located at Spanish Cove Retirement Center


The ladies at Spanish Cove called the pattern on this wildly colored steer ' Crazy Quilt '. I finally caught the S/W gate open to take this shot.


Standing at the Entrance or Exit of Chisholm Trail Park


This series has been an interesting undertaking as was my Art in The Park photos. Almost all the shots were taken in early morning light. The lessons I picked up about lighting and shadows hopefully will help me for future pics. Another lesson learned was how much Art graces this fine Town I call Home. These sculptures and castings located all over town and in the parks says alot about our people and their " Yukon Pride ". Thanks to all who gave of their time and donations for the betterment of this community!






7 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! For whatever reason the middle cow stands out... LOL

    What an excellent project to have undertaken.

    So I saw a couple of quick glimpses of Yukon in a Dodge minivan commercial this morning. The reason I could tell it was Yukon is because the big letters on the side of the grain elevator said so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that also. The Kroutils would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! That middle bull looks like something out of butcher's catalog describing the different cuts of meat. (or maybe something you would see after having just a little too much to drink) LOL

    The lighting on these are great and your history of the area has taken us all on a journey through your neck of the woods. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if any of them were named Burger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Parker. It's been a while. I like the way you framed the horns in both the first and last shot. Thanks for showing us some of your hometown! Tucson has horses everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Levonne, thanks for the comment.

    For some reason I have been unable to post to your comment section for some time. I need to get my Grandson to help me figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed the Centennial Longhorn Steers very much! Several years ago in my hometown Jackson, Mississippi, there were decorated catfish all over the city.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!