Friday, September 2, 2011

Lens is back!


Got the Sigma 120-400 back from warranty repairs in less than a month this time! Which really surprised me, last time it took 2 months to the day.

Last time they replaced the focus motor and this time they replaced the main sensor unit in the lens... It might be my imagination but I think it operates much better now than when it was new. Time will tell.

Took both pictures with the Sigma. The top photo is from my balcony looking across the street yesterday evening and the bottom photo is from this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. I bet it feels good to have the lens back in your arsenal.

    Well, the photographer and His lens are definately still friends. These are two well composed shots. Neat pic with the Deer on one side of the rock fence and bike rider on the other. This pic says alot.

    And all this from your balcony. What a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh! YOu and those eagles!! LOL

    I would kill to get some good eagle shots. I really need to come up your way sometime. Whens the best time as far as weather and eagle sgo to be there?

    I'm glad the 400 is working better. There's nothing worse than to get out and not be able to get the shot you want because of equipment not working right. It sure seems to be dialed in good now though. The eagle pic is crisp and clean. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place you live in! Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!