Monday, September 5, 2011

Nikkor 200-400mm f/4 ED VR.

ISO 400, f/8, and 1/250.    


Well, my birthday going to be in few days, and I know my lovely wife don't mind for me to add more lenses to my collections. Therefore, I want to take advantage of the special sales in this Holiday weekend.  I thought I'm going to come home with one item only, but somehow I found few more lenses in the bag.  I know she loves anyway, so she won't ask me what's in it.  LOL.

Today the outside temp. is in the 80's, and I just want to try out my new toys.  So, I went to the park near by my house this evening to test out my new 200-400mm lens.  The bird in the top picture were standing about 50 yds. away from the camera, and shooting at 400mm zoom.

The bottom picture have been cropped about 60% from the top picture.  Also, I have set the camera setting to original manufacturing default setting.  This is a original picture came from the camera, and no PS editing.  For the result, I like the fast focusing, and the sharpness.  So, what do you think about this lens?

By the way, the weight on this lens is around 7.4 lb, plus the camera= 12 lb.  Yes, Ron no handheld allowed.  LOL.

Please standby for more testing on Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, and 80-200mm f/2.8.

4 comments:

  1. Well first off, Happy Birthday! (in a few days LOL)

    Secondly, very nice! It looks like the Nikon lens does a very nice job. The photos seem to be very clear and sharp with no post processing. The colors are nice and it seems to grab the light well.

    I guess you got lenese instead of a D3x for your birthday. Not a bad trade I would say. The lenses will be around much longer than a camera anyway.

    No hand held huh? Maybe a few days in the gym to build up those arm muscles would be a good present too! LOL

    Can't wait to see what the other lenses do, especailly the 80-200mm. I'm thinking about buying one of those to take to Hawaii so I would be especially interested in how it shoots at f2.8 througout the zoom range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes to you on your upcoming Birthday!

    Looks like you chose a wide variety of new lenses. The good thing is we all know you will get the best pics out of them. Can't wait to see more.

    Like Ron, crisp, clear and sharp image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes very sharp for no post processing and camera set to original settings! The Nikon 200-400 has very good reviews especially when it comes to sharpness.

    So did all these lenses show up in your shopping bag this weekend? Did you win the lottery and not tell anyone? LOL

    Very nice selection of lenses Q. A dream team even!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul,
    Yes, all of these lenses came from this weekend.

    No, I did not win the lottery, if I do, all of you will get the same set-up like me, and a round trip ticket to Kauai. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!