Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nikkor 80-200mmD ED lens.

 80mm, f/6.3, and ISO200 
The distance about 7' away.

 80mm, f/2.8, and ISO200
The distance about 15' away.

 200mm, f/16, and ISO200.
The flower is blurry due to the wind.

 200mm, f/2.8, and ISO200

 80mm, f/11, ISO200, and TTL flash.

80mm, f/2.8, ISO200, and TTL flash.

Ron have requested for me to take some sample pictures on this lens for him.  According to these pictures,  I just want to give you some of my opinions on this lens VS. 70-200mm f/2.8 ED VR. that I have used for 5 years to this date.

All of these pictures it was on Nikon D2X camera, mounted on the tripod, and everything sets to manufacturing setting "no post processing".  However, I forgot to change the WB from Flash to Auto.  I would take this lens out to shoot some birds for you, but the heat came back up to 103 today.  So, I just do some quick shooting around my house.   

The optics quality is about the same between 2 lenses if you shoot above f/5.6, and the focus is fast.  Also, this lens body is made out of metal casting, and it will put up some abuses down the road.  

The only thing that I don't like about this lens is that I can see the vignette in the corners on f/2.8 to 3.5.  Other than that is very sharp if you shoot above f/5.6.  I hope these pictures will help you on the purchase.

Please visit this link for more reviews on this lens.  http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/80200.htm

2 comments:

  1. Nice comparison shots using different apertures. Having f2.8 will give you a real advantage in low light conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Q! Now I have some studying to do and decide what I want to get. I have been looking at these for a few months and I occasionally run across one of the 70-200mm also. I really want a good 2.8 lens. I'll have to see what's around when I get my pennies all saved up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!