Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm baaaaack.....


Unfortunately, we had to get on the plane and come back to "da mainland". We have already booked another trip to paradise and eventually we will be living there. But until then, I will be posting some photos of Maui. I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked because we were playing tour guide to my wife's parents but I still found time to take almost 3700 photos. That means I'll have about 150 I can use! LOL

You'll be seeing lots of Hawaii photos in the weeks to come. I hope you don't get bored.

WARNING Will Robinson, WARNING As a side note, I have learned the hard way not to go cheap on your memory cards. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of memory with me so I bought some cheap memory cards (Lexar Platinum II CF cards) and I had two of them get corrupted on me during the trip. I was able to recover all but one photo using some software but I would NOT recommend this brand of memory card for your camera. I had four of them and the first two I used corrupted on me. I didn't even try the last two. I figured a 50% fail rate was good enough not to even worry about using the other two. Needless to say these became trash as soon as I recovered the photos and got them on a hard drive.

4 comments:

  1. Nice bright colors in this photo!

    I would say "Welcome back" but that hardly works when you had to leave paradise to get back... LOL

    Looking forward to seeing at least 150 of your 3700 pictures! BTW thanks for the heads up on the cheap memory cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of color!. Looks like something ruffled it's head feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and colorful bird. Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!