Sunday, January 27, 2013

Can you hear the theme to Jaws in your head?


We didn't run into any sharks while we were in Hawaii but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this swimmer was the them song to the Jaws movie. I had to take a photo just because of that. I guess I just have a weird sense of humor.

Even though we didn't see any sharks this trip there was a shark attack on Maui just a couple of months before we were there so I was looking around quite a bit while in the water.

Since there were no sharks you will just have to be happy with another green sea turtle that came swimming by one day. This one was in much clearer water.




7 comments:

  1. DUN-dun, dun-dun, dun-dun-dun-dun! Ha ha!

    Great Honu pictures, the sunlight playing on the Honu and sea floor really add to these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll take that over a shark any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are goooooooooood! Now you make me want a underwater housing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better save your pennies, they aren't cheap and nothing comes with them. You have to buy the housing and then you have to buy a lens port to go with each lens. A new housing is about $1500 and a dome port is about $400-$500 each and then you may also need a port extension which is another $150 and on top of that, depending on the water you are in you may need a strobe system and they start at $500. Sometimes this hobby sucks. (the money right out of your wallet!!) LOL

      I got exceptionally lucky with buying mine or I probably wouldn't have had one this last trip. All I can say is E-BAY!!

      Delete
    2. Are you renting them, and do you have a workshop class in Maui anytime soon? LOL

      Delete
    3. You bet Q! My fee for classes in Maui is a first class ticket to Maui. LOL

      Delete
  4. Like those friendly turtles. Good shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!