Friday, January 18, 2013

Rainbows from the Water


I can't say this is the best photo I ever took but I had to take it. I popped my head out of the water to see where I was and noticed the rainbows in the sky. All the settings on the canera were wrong for the photo (they were set for being underwater) but the photo didn't come out too bad considering there was water drops on the lens port and the ISO was set at 1600. That's my wife snorkeling off to the right hand side of the photo.

This second photo was taken on a different day. It got dark all of the sudden while I was in the water and when I popped my head up this time to see what was going on I saw the storm and waves moving in.


Both shots were taken with a Nikon D300 using a Nikon 24mm f2.8 lens set at f2.8 and the ISO at 1600, all while the camera was in the Ikelite underwater housing.

6 comments:

  1. A frog's eye view from a Big Pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the perspective in both pictures. I'd say that under the circumstances both of these pictures came out great!

    THe rainbow in the top picture does a nice job of framing the beach and resort below it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 24mm it seems to me it's a good investment on your part. I might have travel with you to Hawaii to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome anytime Q. I'm still trying to convince Cheryl we need to make a second trip to Hawaii this year.

      Delete
  4. Tourists always try and get in to your shots it seems like, still a neat shot and perspective. I really like the the bottom photo, not the curl you were looking for but a great photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!