Sunday, January 13, 2013

Muhe'e


Better known as "calamari" in the restaurants.

I'll have you know that I made a big sacrifice for the blog. I bought a new diving mask this year with built in bi-focal lenses so I could see the settings on my camera while in the water but it leaked around my mustache. I had to shave so that I could get all of these underwater photos. I haven't shaved my beard and mustache for ten years. The things I do to get photos!

Tex will be happy to know that over the last two days I have taken just about 2500 more underwater photos. Lots of fish to see! LOL

A shot looking out to sea.


6 comments:

  1. My brain (coral) tells me this is Good Eats!

    Mask with a Bi-focal Lens? You have more gadgets than anyone I know!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i guess you're getting your money's worth out of that lack-o'-mustache, then. :)

    goof. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. calamari's too chewy for me. anything else more tender/less fishy out there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great captures! I can't believe how clear the water is there. I really like the picture of the divers.

    So if you shaved your mustache but left your beard... Does this mean that you look like Abraham Lincoln now? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No Abe Lincoln Paul. I'm a clean faced man, at least for now!

      The divers were about 40 feet in front of us and in about 40 feet of water to give you an idea of how clear it was that day. We were told in that particular spot on that day that the water was "cloudy" for that spot.

      Delete
  5. You are not going through midlife crisis are you? LOL.
    Shaving your facial hair for photography it's a big sacrifice. You're probably looking 10 years younger after you shaved, and I think everyone here want to see your self portrait. I promise I won't laugh! Also, I have really enjoying seeing your underwater photos. By the way, don't forget to visit 7 Scared pools while in Hana. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!