Saturday, January 19, 2013

Night Photography




After taking my last set of night photographs, I have found my self increasingly obsessed with it. I even download a app to my phone so I could know the phase of the moon and when it rises and sets. All of these photos were taken 14 degree weather at 11:00 pm. The local lake made for a great spot. With the severe drought we are in, the lake is down about 20 ft,  I was able to get on to the dry lake bed and shoot the top and bottom photo back towards the shore line. The bottom photo I used the three flashlights I had to aim up at the trees to highlight them against the night sky.

Just for Ron and Paul, here is the straightened version of the photo. I didn't straighten the original because I lost part of the star reflection off of the ice.


8 comments:

  1. I'm going to say these are all great shots. If I had to critique them in any way I would say your shore line in the third photo is just a little slanted. You can blame that on Paul, ever since he caught me with a slanted horizon I've gotten very picky about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Just one of those silly things that jump out at you once you get an eye for it. I even see it in "professional" photographs in magazines and advertisements now and then!

      Delete
    2. I posted the straightened version on this post for you guys. Hope its more appealing to the eye lol.

      Delete
    3. Much better. At least you're getting some practice with photoshop! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great results! You are getting pretty good at night photography.

    The bottom photo worked out real good with the added light. Google "painting with light" if you get a chance, there is a great deal of information to do with night photography and adding various colors of light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh much more pleasing to the eye... Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Aaron! Sure like that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Parker on the first shot. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!