Thursday, June 14, 2012

Campground Friend

HANK

First met this guy four years ago while sitting outside my RV reading a book and relaxing after a long day of hiking. A soft tinkle-tinkle of a bell caught my attention. Looking up here came this furry guy with four legs leading his two legged friend named Jim on a leash. Bright eyed and alert he looked at Jim, who did the talking, to introduce us. An immediate liking for each other as I scratced his ears!

On this visit to the Wichitas, Hank had Jim park his RV  in the site next to mine. Next morning at outside coffee Hank brought by Kathy who is the other member of his pack to introduce. He sure has a nice family to visit with! They are frequent visitors to Camp Doris as I am.

Hank is a well mannered but quiet Welsh Terrier. Muscular and sharp witted, always up for a romp when we visit each other. We had not seen each other since last fall but when he spotted me he started dancing from foot to foot just waiting for me to pay him some attention! When Jim give the greenlight it would be OK, a robust greeting we gave each other. He never forgets his Campground Buddy!

8 comments:

  1. Hank is not only "cute" but he's obviously smart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Ole Hank, I miss seeing him and Jim around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cutie....oh they never forget people that love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's adorable! um, i mean, handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little companion they have there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Handsome fellow that Hank! Great narrative Parker and fine picture to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute dog. A good man like you, I don't think any creature wouldn't forget about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like a good doggie friend! Hank is a cutie! Well, we're settling in here on Vancouver Island Parker. But summer can't arrive too fast for me! I love love love that sunny weather! Thanks for all your support and for following along so faithfully on our journey! Levonne (I hope you had an especially wonderful fathers' day!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!