Monday, June 11, 2012

Your table is ready ...



Or maybe you would prefer to sit at the bar?





A Bento Box from Mizuya located in the Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas. Thanks to Q we were able to find this spot. I had to talk to him twice on the phone but we did find it. Very nice, fresh sushi and asian inspired food here and the service was great. The prices were very reasonable too!

The top photo is of a restaurant called "Fix" located in the Bellagio. This was one of the best meals we have ever had and probably one of the most expensive. The food prices were actually very reasonable but the drink prices were highway robbery. For a cocktail made with a premium liquor or a glass of wine they charge $14 per drink! That's the same price as a little bottle of vodka from the mini-bar in the hotel room. How's a guy supposed to have a cocktail and relax when he has to call the bank to get approval for the check? LOL I will say the service at this restaurant was impeccable as was the service at Mizuya.

I can't say the same for Bobby Flay's place in Ceasars (Mesa Grill). We stopped by there one night at 5:00 p.m. to have dinner before going to our show and the Maitre d' told us he didn't have a table open until 9:45 p.m. Normally I would be OK with this however, the restaurant was COMPLETELY empty except for four people sitting at the bar. The place stayed empty for a while. It was/is my opinion that the restaruant was trying to up it's public persona by making people think that they were in such demand that you would have to wait for a table. That didn't work for us, we went to Fix and had a fantastic meal and I will never eat at one of Bobby Flay's restaurants just because of the way we were treated.

OK, I'm done ranting. LOL

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate at this Bobby Flay's restaurant about 3 years ago. We didn't need a reservation due to my brother in-law is a high roller. In my opinion, the food of this restaurant is very good, but it's expensive. If I have to pay $800 for 3 people, I expected Bobby Flay to cook my dinner. I wouldn't come back here again if I have to pay out of my pocket.

      I'm glad you enjoyed the sushi at Mandalay Bay. I think we going for some sushi buffet for tonight after I saw your pictures.

      Delete
  2. LOL Q! I just made sushi this weekend for Cheryl. I was going to take pictures but I thought everybody was probably tired of my sushi photos by now.

    I did come up with a new one though, I bought a fresh pineapple and made a cocunut pineapple shrimp sushi that Cheryl loved. The fresh pineapple really made it great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ceiling in that restaurant has contours that remind me of the location 'Q' has been photographing!

    Enjoyed the rant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still full from dinner but that bento box picture is making me hungry all over again! LOL

    Pineapple, coconut, shrimp roll. Sounds delicious but you have to come up with a name for it... Shrapplenut Roll or Aloha Roll or something like that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shrapplenut Roll, I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!