Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Not Blue, Not Red, Not Yellow



Not even Hawaiian! Just a white and a purple flower.

Nah, who am I kidding? You expect too much now. LOL

Although not a Hawaiian flower it could be just by it's scientific name, The Hibiscus Syriacus. Also known as the Rose of Sharon. Had I known it was part hibiscus I would have been taking photos of them long ago. These two bushes and several others are growing in my garden next to the waterfall here in hot and humid Kansas. Yes, I said waterfall. Just a small man made one to let you hear the sound of running water.

This was taken with the new Nikon 24mm f2.8 lens I bought for using underwater. I thought I would try it out on dry land first just to see how it does.

6 comments:

  1. they're very pretty. rose of sharon always sounds so exotic to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose of Sharon are great plants for hot weather and full sun. Like the way they bloom everyday and add lots of color to wherever they grow. We have two bushes that are kept trimmed back to about 7 feet. Fast growers. Growing by a waterfall would produce a tropical feel for sure!

    Well the new lens produces very focused images with nice precision colors. I see no leaks, so it looks good to go to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new lens. One question! Is your 17-35mm fit in your camera housing? I would think the 17-35mm would perform better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q, the 17-35mm will fit in the housing if I buy a special port to go on the housing for the lens. When I bought the housing it came with the Nikon 24mm f2.8 lens and the port for it. I got a real deal on the whole set up (housing, port and lens) and I just couldn't let it go by. The ports can run up to $400 each for the bigger lenses just because they have to be so much bigger and stronger since they are guaranteed to a depth of 200 feet.

      I was planning on using an 18-55mm lens on the D300 because it will fit in the same port as the 24mm lens but I may switch back and forth with the 24mm lens and see what gets the better pictures for what I want to do.

      I'm planning on some sealife photos (turtles, fish and maybe a whale) and I also want to get some "in the curl" wave shots so I will just have to see what does better. I might look at a new port next year.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you will be able to get some above the surface time with your 24mm f2.8 lens too. These pictures both came out good, nice "bokeh"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!