Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little free time

Finally got some time for myself, so I decided to go hunting and take along my camera. Although I didn't see a buck that i want to shoot with my bow there were plenty of oppurtunities to shoot with my camera. This is one of the bucks that came into my decoy. At one point he was only 10 yards away from me but, that was to close for me to get my camera out of my bag. I took alot more pictures but, I was shivering alot so some of them didnt turn out very well. There were also alot of tree branches between the buck and I that were making it hard to focus just on the buck.
In betweeen deer, I tried to take some pictures of birds. There were quite alot of red headed woodpeckers flying around. This one took some time to hold still so I could take his picture. Not many of the bird would cooperate and hold still long enough for me to get focused on them.

4 comments:

  1. Happy to here that your family has grown. Congrats to you and your wife.

    Looks like you had quite a bit of wildlife moving around your stand. If you get what you are after be sure and post a pic for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me this is a good quality photos from a hunting trip. Like you said you were on a hunting trip not a photograph trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time you posted something! LOL

    That's a nice looking buck. It looks like he saw you moving or heard the auto focus working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes congratulations on the new addition to your family!

    A couple of nice pictures for someone who was shivering! I especially like the woodpecker shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!