Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rainforest Retreat

Found this float house at the eastern end of Great Centeral Lake near Port Alberni. What an interesting place for a home! Talk about living close to nature...

It was raining heavily at the time I took the picture so it was quite hazy and washed out looking. I cleaned the picture up best as I could in Photoshop then added a nice border to distract everyone from the poor quality photograph. This is another place I fully intend to return to on a nicer day and take some proper pictures, I might even use a tripod next time!

3 comments:

  1. This is my kind of place!

    When you click on it to look at the big image you can sure tell it's raining. I think this is a pretty good photo given the circumstances that it was taken in. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting place it is! Appears to be very isolated. I wonder if the only way in and out is by water? The roaring waterfall adds to the character of this place.

    Good pic of a unique living choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job on the composition. The water falls really add a good touch to this picture. I wonder we could live in this floating house by seasonal, it would be nice floating around on Hawaii coast in the winter, and back to Port Alberni in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!