Tuesday, August 24, 2010

By Request



Paul suggested I try this shot in black and white so here it is. Not bad if I do say so myself! LOL

And yes, this was shot using spot metering, spotting right on the buffalo's forehead. I wanted to get his eyes to show up and I thought that might work. As luck would have it I did something right!

A small buffalo? I stand 6' 2" on two legs and this guy is that tall on all fours, I don't think I want to see a "big" buffalo!

Quyhn Le suggested I try the black and white conversion in Nikon's Capture NX2 and then adjust a little more using the Efex filter. Here is another version of the same photo. There are some subtle differences but I think I actually like this one better. I've got a lot of computer learning to do!!



6 comments:

  1. Ron, did you converted this photo on NX2? If you haven't try it yet, just go to the filter, do the B&W conversion, then play around with the fiter Hue.

    After, you have done this, go back to the filter, select color Efex tradition, select Darken/lighten center, select the shape, then play around the border, and the center.

    Aint that's easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Tatonka looks good in B&W as well as in color! Nice to get a pic that can be used in either application.

    Just hit the Easy Button! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out real nice. Impressive even!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Quyhn Le! I posted a second photo reworked in NX2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Ron! Now you can start using the control point to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and colors in a small area of the picture. By doing this you select the icon on the top right next to the red-eye control point. Once, you have selected, just click on the area of the picture you want to work on, it will appears four lines. You can adjust the size of the area by dragging the first line, then adjust the other options indicated on those lines below. You going to love this software when you using on the a NEF file. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ron, I forgot to mentioned to you that when you selected any tools to work on the picture, these tools will appears on the right of the screen. You can uncheck on each tools to see before, and after effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!